Monday, December 29, 2008

Jumping on the bandwagon.

Alright, so: first Jordan created one of these to document her exciting adventure of living in Colombia for two years while she serves the Colombian people and the Lord.

Then, Camille created one to keep us all up-to-date on her travels in Mexico for the six months she will attend language school there.

After seeing their beautiful blogs and reading their thoughts, I decided to jump on this blog band wagon and create my own to tell everyone about . . . my super exciting life of going to graduate school in Norman, Oklahoma. I've titled this blog Wide Open Spaces after the keystone song of one of my favorite groups: the Dixie Chicks, who just so happen to be from a city five hours south of Norman (Austin, TX). Anyways, though I won't be learning a new language or learning the new culture of an indigenous people, I am discovering new things about the heartland of the good 'ole U.S. of A., and about myself, too.

I've always had a curious mind and a passion to seek out understanding. In my attempt to understand the world, this country, my God, and my place among all of them, I embark on a new chapter in my life. Growing up in the semi-country, attending high school in the suburbs, and then going to college in the city have all given me great experiences and friends. Now living in an entirely different region, with no salt-water or significant elevation around for hundreds of miles, I await to see what I will find in these Wide Open Spaces.

No comments:

Post a Comment